Pulstar spark plugs?

Don’t know what the big controversy is, everyone knows it takes 1.21 gigawatts of power to charge the flux capacitor for time travel.
All joking aside. I would need to see better independent testing, and long term reliability data before I could be convinced of there effectiveness.

Haven’t used these but I did install Bosch Platinum +2 spark plugs (purchased at the WalMart for about 2 bucks each) and am amazed at the incredible improvement in throttle response. The vehicle did 0 to 60 in .6 less seconds than before the installation. That is a worthwhile expenditure for that kind of return. No noticeable change in mpg but I do love these plugs. And, they come pre-gapped so there is less work installing these plugs. Bosch, by the way is the original company to successfully get the patent on the spark plug about 100 years ago. They make lots of automotive products and none are advertised as magical. I don’t believe there are any plugs that will actually drive down fuel consumption, because if there were I am sure the auto makers would use them. Buy Bosch plugs!

It seems that most of the comments here are theory, opinion, critique, etc. I would like to offer a different point of view. I heard about the plugs on NPR, and, being in the car business and living in Albuquerque, tracked them down by first getting my local NAPA store to get me a set of 5 for my Volvo S80 2.5T, and then being so bold as to email the home office, which led me to a dialogue with the guy who invented the plugs. He said they were developing a database of vehicles that had been tested on a dynamometer and would I be able to supply them with a few vehicles? I volunteered my 100,000 mile 95 BMW 325i. The before and after dynamometer tests were absolutely conclusive, but even more impressive was the improved performance, particularly noticeable in low end torque and average fuel economy for a daily commute I had been making in this car for weeks. Up about 2 mpg on the onboard computer, consistent with the dynamometer test results. Since then, I have taken them a 2008 Chevy Silverado with a 6.0L V8 with displacement on demand technology; a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer with a continuously variable automatic transmission, and a 2002 Corvette with a 6 speed manual. In every case, every aspect of performance which was measured showed a measurable improvement. The Corvette, like the BMW, was improved significantly in torque, horsepower, and fuel economy. The Lancer didn’t gain horsepower or torque, but improved MPG’s by over 12%. The Chevy didn’t improve much in fuel economy, but picked up a lot of power and torque. I will continue to use the plugs in my personal vehicles (the Volvo has gone from being very quick to scary quick), and supply the factory/lab with vehicles to test. A google search using my user name will take you to my shamelessly commercial site - I could not resist the opportunity of becoming an authorized distributor of these plugs after seeing how well they work.

“Well, you will have your high voltage circuit shorted to the ground. Something tells me that your coil (and maybe things upstream) is not going to like it very much. Could prove more expensive than the plugs themselves.” Any proof of failure risk or just a guess?
Installed Pulstars on Volvo v70r & seat of the pants says they work for HP gain initially. Never dyno-ed. Ave MPG was 22, up to 24 initially, down to 20 now.

Nobody has covered dyno results at http://www.pulstar.com/inthenews.html#TResults or other easily searched sites. Are the dyno results of 2+HP not to be believed & why?
Secondly, I am concerned about how long the gain lasts. Assuming an independant test like http://www.sparkplugs.com/sparkplug411.asp?kw=Pulstar+Plugs+in+the+Media&mfid=0 is valid, nobody has redynoed old plugs back in after say 500 miles. If anyone can volunteer their dyno, I’ve got 2 wagons & the old plugs.

My completely unscientific thoughts?..
I tried to buy a set online for my old Rx-7. This is arguably one of the dirtiest burning engines ever!! Anything to help efficiently burn the mixture more completely would be highly desirable for a rotary. And I’ve seen plenty of plugs for this engine that are comparable in price or higher (Torqumaster; Denso Iridium; forget the Firestorm–the design simply won’t work with that massive protrusion; etc.). But, PulStar didn’t even offer plugs for the venerable rotary.

If pullstart sparkplugs increase efficiency so well; why don’t they make a plug for rotaries to help clean them up? Because it’s bunk!!

I vote scam in my opinion.

Sorry you didn’t like that answer but, having over 40+ years experience with automobilia, including extensive work on dynos, ‘miracle’ plugs are ONLY miraculous at the rat they suck money from unsuspecting marks’ wallets. They belong securely in the same category as 'Turbolaters," magnetic fuel line dreck, AND K&N filters.

Pure, unadulterated, 100%, pure BS.

OK, I purchased these plugs and installed them in a 1999 Porsche Carerra 911 with 60k miles on the car. I bought the car with 30K miles on it so I know my car pretty well. Although I never put the car on a dyno, I could tell the car had some additional torque, not a lot I’ll give you that. However I did pick up 2 miles per gallon. I did have one plug that went bad and the Company gave me a complete set of plugs free when I contacted them. I sold the car with 90k miles on it, running great, always started on first try. I now have a 2002 Porsche 911 and will replace my plugs with the Pulstar plugs. I too have raced cars and one of the first things you do is put an ignition system on your vehicle that gives you more spark. Why? I think they are onto something…take the pulstar plug keep it in the plug wire, ground the plug, turn the car over and you can see a more intense spark.

First thing I bought 8 pulstar BE1’s . I put them in a 2006 Range Rover Supercharged. I noticed a difference right away. I am getting 2 mpg more with the eco box = 6 mpg at a 14. 7. 1 which is the best maximum ratio to have for emission control. YOU DEBUNKERS ARE A IDIOT’S FOR DUBUNKING THIS. YOU MOST LIKELY DEBUNKED STAN MEYER HYDROGEN FUEL CELL. I will have a video that shows this. BALLS IN YOUR FACE YOU DEBUNKERS. Any mixture less than 14.7 to 1 is considered to be a rich mixture, any more than 14.7 to 1 is a lean mixture - given perfect (ideal) “test” fuel (gasoline consisting of solely n-heptanes and iso-octane)AKA (gasoline). Go to www.mylittlegreenbox.com Good products work and you get what you PAY FOR…

Michael Burns
Mechanical Engineer
Most your vehicles are at 10 to 1.

PS THEY COST LESS AT MY WEB SITE
2 for $22.00