Programming '03 Taurus Remote

ok… i programmed the key (which went fine & easier than i expected), but i now have a question about programming a remote:

do i need to re-program my older (working) remote, as well as the new one i just bought? these are the instructions i was given, but i find them confusing:

1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming.

4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

As long as you have ONE remote programmed you can program up to 4 and sometimes as many as 10 extra ones.

If not, a dealer is required as the remotes/decoders are programmed with ever changing radio frequencies.

so, if i’m reading this correctly, i have to go thru the motions of #2 above with my one working remote, & then #3 would be following the exact procedure with the non-programmed remote, correct? (there was nothing saying anything about working or non-working remote, which is what confused me).

thanks

Yes, you need to reprogram any old remotes and any new remotes to the new frequency.
~Michael