Prizm blowing the fan fuse

I have a 2001 Chevy Prizm and last week all of a sudden it just died. RPM’s dropped, temp was fine and car wouldn’t restart. My husband put the diagnostic machine on it and it could not sync up with my car. They did find the fan fuse was blown and upon replacing it the car started fine and ran like normal. The machine at that point did sybnc up but the only falt it logged was the oxygen sensor that we know needs fixed (has been for some time). The next time I went to drive it the whole thing happened again within a mile. He has tried to reproduce the car dying while it sits still by reving the motor, letting the car run, A/C on or off…but it won’t happen. After an hour or more of trying that way he let the car sit til evening and then drove down the road and less than a half mile it did die again…same fuse blown. The car never gets hot and after the fuse blows if you turn the key on the fans run, whether the A/C is on or not. I’m hoping to get atleast an idea of where to start. I drive quite a ways into work, thus the reason for the small car that gets GREAT gas mileage. That being said, I don’t want to spend tons of money just for the dealership to figure out what the problem is, THEN pay to get it fixed. HELP! :slight_smile:

Most likely an intermittent short in the wiring.