President's limo doing 70 MPH in reverse and on curves

Amazing video. Must have a special transmission?

Should I be more impressed by the car, the driver, or the special effects team that came up with that video?

There is no car or driver, but the CGI programmer who does this has to know a lot about cars and geometry to make this look at all credible.

Agree, this is CGI, not the real thing. I am pretty sure the dynamics of a FWD car can’t physically do this. Why FWD? Smoke off the front tires as it breaks traction.

This is an extra-stretch limo and not presidential limo, AKA The Beast. A picture of The Beast is below;

Clearly the car in the video is not the same limo. Cool video though!

Great, thanks for the expert opinions… I’m too trusting…

b

Comment on the youtube video website
"Not real, video game called Forza Motorsport 6."

I think it was Jay Leno’s garage that did a segment on the Presidents Limo a few years ago. Didn’t look anything like this.

A couple of months ago, a friend forwarded that video to me, and he was convinced that it was actually “The Beast”. Only by forwarding photos of the real presidential limo, and pointing out the substantial differences, did he finally believe me that he had been taken-in by that video.

They do teach the reverse-and-spin maneuver to the Secret Service driver of the limo, but not drifting, in reverse, around a racetrack!

Reverse-and-spin; Reverse at 50 mph or so, snap the wheel right or left 1/2 turn, as the car spins, bump the shifter into Drive, crank the steering wheel opposite the initial direction and stomp on the gas. Its a beautiful thing to behold inside or outside the car when done correctly!

It could be a custom built car for this purpose. Disney World has a stunt driver attraction where they show you how their purpose-built Citroens are set up to run at full speed backwards. They have a second driver facing the “rear” of the vehicle that drives it “backwards”. It’s been a while and I don’t remember how the transmission works, but they tell you all about it.

I could believe a studio having a car designed and built for such a spectacular video but even such a car would be very limited in operation and use. And how close to the actual speed is the apparent speed in the video if it is a tricked out car?

Considering the beast is powered by a Dmax, someone really flubbed the engine sound effects on this one.

1 Like

Looks like a cartoon to me.

1 Like

Only a momo would think this was anything but CGI

Well, I don’t know what a "momo " is but people can be fooled and it has nothing to do with their intelligence. Why do you think there are Magicians ?

2 Likes

Video looked pretty fake looking to me.

1 Like

Read previous posts much?
Previous post for your info
Crap this sucks to have to do this :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Comment on the youtube video website
"Not real, video game called Forza Motorsport 6."

Everything on the internet is as questionable as the news on television. .

2 Likes

@cdaquila: can you delete this set of posts? starting to get insulting.

b

Hi @BillRussell - did you mean markvickroy’s comment with the momo? That wasn’t called for. By my reading, this has stayed pretty civil til now. Before I hop in and pass judgment, I’m having trouble figuring out the intended audience for @barkydog with his second post with the caption from the video.