Power windows and radio sporadically on-again, off-again

I need some help. I own a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, and I have this recurring problem with my power windows and radio. When I start my car in the morning, after it has sat all night, sometimes my power windows and radio won’t work. Then at some point while I am driving they will magically come back on. It may be that same day, or even sometime in the next couple of days. This has been going on for 3 or 4 years and I can’t seem to find any rhyme or reason as to why its happening. Sometimes they stop working several times in a 2 month period, but then it may be several months before it happens again. It happend two weeks ago, but this time they never came back on. I have checked the radio fuses (in the dash and under the hood) and the power window fuse and they all tested good.

Now, they have never gone out while I am driving. They only go off when my car has sat all night. They only come back on while my car is started and I’m driving. My radio still has power because you can hit the recall button and it will show you the time and you can eject a cd and it will also take in a cd, it just won’t play.

If you have any useful information for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Somewhere in the power connection to those units there is a bad connection. You will need a test light probe to find the problem area and check what areas have power and what areas don’t.