Power steering issue

A little over 18 months ago I noticed that my steering wheel seems to catch when I am making a slight turn such as on and off a freeway. It doesn’t have the same issue
when I am making hard right/left turns. I didn’t worry about it until one day, two of my children in the car, the power steering failed completely as I was going over 50 mph
on the off ramp to the freeway. I was able to control the car and avoid an accident and drove the car about 1 mile to the grocery store, which was my original destination.
I went inside for about an hour and when I came out the car was fine. It has only had one other similar failure in 18 months but I commonly feel the catch of the steering wheel when I am exiting the freeway. What I mean by a catch is that it feels as though I would have to jerk the steering wheel to be able to turn more sharply because it has turned as far as it is able to go. I have taken it to 2 Mechanics including the dealership and neither can recreate my problem.

Year, make, model, mileage, engine option?

@Oliverin

Check your power steering fluid level first

Put the car on jackstands and crawl underneath

Any part of the steering visibly bent, damaged or loose?

I was leaning towards belt slippage due to a weak tensioner. But not knowing the car kinda makes it hard to guess.

Sorry, thought I mentioned that. It is a Hyundai Sonata 2006 120,000 miles

Original serpentine belt?
Past time to change it anyway IMHO.
I would do that second, after checking the fluid level.