Posting all day long

I’ve been on vacation this week, so I’ve had more free time and have been more active here than usual. But I was just wondering, many of you regulars here seem to post fairly regularly throughout the day. Don’t you have jobs?

My company allows (and at one point even encouraged) limited personal Internet use. The computer software I develop takes about eight minutes to start up for testing, so I can usually check out a few web sites while I’m waiting on that.

I post only at work ( where I have research avenues ), never at home. That’s why you’ll see long periods of no posts when I get busy. ( no posts when I’m off )

I’m retired.

I’m also retired.

But I was just wondering, many of you regulars here seem to post fairly regularly throughout the day. Don't you have jobs?

Many of us have jobs that require us to work with a computer all day long. I’m a software engineer manager. If I’m not in a meeting…then I’m at my desk on my computer. And many times in a meeting I’ll have my laptop. It’s IMPOSSIBLE to do my job without a computer.

It’s not like I’m on every minute. I do plenty of work (50+ hours a week). But there are lull times where I spend 1-2 minutes doing something mindless…like post on the this web site.

I’m another retired guy, but that doesn’t mean that I sit around just surfing the 'net!
After my A.M. yard work, I did some painting inside the house, and then I went for my power-walk. Now, I am back home, and am back online while I eat my lunch.

I only post at home, but I have a 9/80 schedule, so I get every other Friday off (today), plus I get off work at 3:30, plus I get a fair amount of of holidays because I’m a civil service mechanic

My bosses know I’m under-utilized, efficient, and that I get my work done.

Also, I’ve gotten some useful information here about automotive issues related to work.

I’m semi-retired and check the posts every day when I can. I don’t always post my own comments.

I’m taking the 5th:

“No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”

@Docnick "I don’t always post my own comments."
Does this mean that you don’t always post everything you think in response to a post? Or does it mean someone else posts for you? Or does it mean you sometimes post someone else’s comments?

No I don’t have a job and am happily retired. I come back to the computer to cool off and see what’s going on from time to time during the day. When I was working though, I’d still check around a little bit during the day when I wasn’t on the road to see what was happening-check the news, check the market, check car talk, back to work.

@texases I like how you think.

@DavidL Sorry, I meant I often don’t post a comment; often I just read and absorb. No one replies for me, nor do I ever use someone else’s comment, expect by specifically referring to it as valid and suitable response made prior in another similar post. There is a great deal of repetition on this forum, usually dealing with motor oils, and when gas was expensive, endless hyper-miling comments.

I am at a computer most of the time at work, but don’t post from work-nosy IT people watching.
I post when I get home or on days off.
I have erratic work hours, but on average work 60hr weeks-nowhere close to retirement.

I’m retired, but I spend less than 2 hours a day at the computer for all the sites I visit.

Part time worker, semi-retired here. I enjoy to read about solving mechanical problems by the experts here, and learn a lot in the process. And post own my odd-ball drive-way fix-it-yourself ideas and theories an hour or two in the afternoons.

OK, thanks for the input. Didn’t know there were so many retired/semi-retired people on the forums here. Most of us working guys see retirement in the distant future. I figure I have 25-30 years left. Hope I’m still as sharp as you all are.

I have been on vacation for 2 weeks, and have less time to post than normal.