Pontiac Factory Alarm Headache

The factory alarm on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP goes off at random (8-20 times per day). I tried reducing the alarm sensitivity per the Owner’s manual PGM module instructions, but that didn’t help. I can’t find a way to totally turn it off. I tried removing the shock sensor, but that didn’t help. I can’t just pull the alarm fuse as it’s the same one for the HVAC. The factory alarm makes the horn blow & the lights flash. I pulled the fuse for the horn (temporary solution so my neighbors don’t lynch me), but I can’t leave it that way (functioning horn is a yearly state inspection requirement) and lights are still flashing. I’ve seen lots of online complaints about this, but no solutions. Is there a way to remove and/or totally disable the GM factory alarm? Please help!!!

Do you have any issues with the HVAC? Sometimes other fuse associated components can cause a fault.

You may have to have a diagnostic computer hooked up to trace the fault.

There may be a short that’s setting the alarm off (maybe not though because the fuse isn’t burning out), OR perhaps a problem with the security system.