Factory Car Alarm goes off without any apparent reason

I have a 2007 Ford Taurus, the factory car alarm goes off without any apparent reason. It had been a garaged car but has been sitting outside for about the last 10 months. It started doing this in May so I thought it might be heat related due to the high temps we have been experiencing in the midwest?? Sometimes when I get home from work around 5:30pm it will go off within 5 minutes of me getting home. Then other times it will wait until 2 or 3am. I can’t lock my doors in my driveway anymore or my neighbors are going to come over and tear the horn completely out. HELP!!

Does the owner’s manual have a procedure to disable the alarm?

The alarm on my 2000 Blazer started going off randomly last year. I can disable the alarms by locking either the driver or passenger front door manually using the key from the outside or depressing the lock on the inside door. Using the power door lock switch or the key fob to lock the doors arms the alarm. Since I been locking the Blazer manually, the alarm has not gone off.

Ed B.

I have not looked at the manual to see how to disable it. I did try just lock/unlock button and not the fob but maybe I will try the old fashion pole like lock (don’t know it’s technical name) Thanks Ed

I have the same problem. I took it to the dealer and told me they have to replace a part in the back door $500. (I have a ford escape). Of course, i haven’t done it yet and waiting to see if there is another reasonable way of fixing it.

One of your door sensors is probably going bad. The car thinks that door is being opened, which sets off the alarm. I had the same issue. Do your interior lights come on at strange times?