Placing aftermarket fuel filter on 2007 corolla injection rubber fuel line

Can I place a aftermarket FI filter into the rubber fuel line (cut if necessary and clamped) to avoid replacing fuel tank filter replacement.

I don’t think you will accomplish what you intend. If the in-tank filter is presently clogged, fuel will still have to go through the in-tank filter before it can get through the aftermarket, external filter. If the in-tank filter is okey, then it will still catch the majority of the debris in the circulating fluid.

What problems are you experiencing? What is the injector log fuel pressure?

Hope this helps.

Researcher’s right, and you don’t want to cut into the high pressure system.

Splicing a filter in won’t accomplish much if you do not remove the tank filter first.

The tank filter would need to be replaced with a strainer, or sock as it’s called.
You can splice into the system without any problems if it’s done right. This means the use of some proper, good quality FI hose, good clamps, and just flat doing it right.

Splicing into a high pressure system has been done by others and myself with no problems. The hose I used was purchased from the local O’Reillys and it was expensive (10 bucks a foot so thankfully I didn’t have to buy much) but it’s tougher than nails. It was near impossible to even cut to length and finally required a hacksaw.
It actually fit so tight that clamps were unnecessary but I added them anyway.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

These cars have a large filter in the tank that’s supposed to last the life of the pump.

There’s a difference between a sock and filter though and the parts site shows this car uses an in-tank filter, not a sock. The sock and filters have different functions.
If the car were mine I’d be pro-active and head off a possible fuel pump death by improvising a sock and external filter instead of an in-tank filter.

A partially clogged filter quite often exhibits no symptoms at all other than working a pump to death.
The site also shows a fuel pump for this puppy will chew up the better part of a grand so making a change in how the fuel is filtered would be a smart move in my opinion.