Pipe hanging down from car

My husband has a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE, and there is what looks to be a black plastic pipe hanging down underneath his car. It’s approximately in the center of the vehicle, about as thick as a finger, and almost touches the ground. What could this be and how urgently do we need to take it in somewhere to be fixed?

If the car is driving fine, no other problems, it could just be a cable wrap or pipe insulator that broke. If you have a handy person, jack the car up and look under. If not, take it to a garage and let them take a look. Either way, it doesn’t seem urgent, but you should have it looked at quickly.