Passenger window motor needs replacement BUT no power to lower in order to remove it

Hi everyone just thought i’d give closure to this thread and thank everyone for helping me out with their ideas. This is a pretty cool community. I ended up fixing the window today - yes 6 months later when i finally got back around to it. Turned out power was going to the motor - but the wire that runs along side the guide track for window had broke and was all jammed up in the motor and fried it - that’s why i couldn’t get the window back own. Thanks to a few comments in here I cut the cables - all the cables i could see and after some effort was able to rip the one out of the motor/guide track area - that let the window come down nice and easy - and was able to remove it from the clips from there. installed the replacement part with basically zero issues and put the door back on (having to re-watch the different youtube videos to see what i was even dealing with as i’d already forgotten). But heck, window now works like a charm, door opens and closes, locks… i’m surprised it all worked out honestly. thanks again for everyone’s help!

3 Likes

I would have repaired this for $400. I bought window regulators for my son’s Pontiac for $60 each, he replaced them himself, he is not a mechanic.

Suggest to click “solution” on Nevada’s post about cutting the wire above. Will be helpful for other’s with similar problem looking here. Good for you for fixing it yourself :slight_smile: