I’ve been trying to do some research but haven’t really figured out if there’s still something wrong with my car:
- I have a Nissan Altima S (2014, 2.5L)
- The engine light came on and when I checked it it was a P0101 code
- I cleaned the mass flow sensor and cleared the code (was advised at Jiffy Lube to just replace the sensor but thought I would try cleaning it first to see if I could save $150).
- The engine light hasn’t returned since cleaning the sensor and clearing the code, but the permanent DTC code still remains
- I have tried steps I found online to clear the permanent code (idle for 30s, drive for 5 mins at 25mph or more, idle for 30s again) but it didn’t make a difference.
I’m unsure if this method of clearing the permanent DTC is just not relevant to my model of car; if I’m doing things wrong, or if the code is still there because there’s still a problem (although if that was the case, would the engine light not come back on again?)
Would appreciate any insight / help with figuring this out. I’m fairly unskilled with cars and was just tying to (reasonably safely) handle it myself, but if it’s recommended I take it into a mechanic then I’ll have to take the financial hit I guess.