Owners of Infiniti G20s - speak up! How do you like your car?

I’m looking to buy a 1996 G20 with 73K miles on it for about $3600. So far, I’m reading a lot of good stuff about them.

Would love to hear your feedback if you own one!

Signed,

SubaruDave (who, depending on the posts to this discussion, may or may not become InfinitiDave!)

My 1993.5 G20 was the best car I have ever owned. Also the best built. Perfect paint. The screws on front and rear side reflectors were painted to match the amber and red reflectors.

Should be a service manual in a box on the shelf in the left rear of the trunk. Was standard equipment.

Rear tires will wear the inside edges and howl within 5,000 miles if aligned within the published camber specs. Most claim the camber is not adjustable but there is slack available in the two bolts where the MacPherson strut meets the spindle carrier. Shoot for 0 to -1.0 degree of camber. Top tilted in just a little bit.

Distributor cap needs to be replaced every 50,000 miles or so.

Excellent car which was totally ruined by the redesign in 1999 or 2000 when the beautiful small town girl was sent to the Tammy Faye Bakker Beauty and Charm School. Infiniti demonstrated that they didn’t have a clue as to what was right about the G20 and piled on too much makeup.

How many miles on your '93? Do you still have it?

I test drove the '96 G20 last night - not bad at all! Nothing fancy, but I knew that going in. It’s a rather non-descript vehicle. A little creaky in the suspension. Idled a little slow. But overall not bad.

I’m bringing it to have my mechanic give it a once over before I decide to purchase.

Love the analogy about Tammy Faye Baker!