One million miles in five years

That doesn’t leave much time for doing the actual deliveries within her day- picking up, dropping off, repeating as necessary. I also question when time was made for normal maintenance.
Not sure what kind of deliveries you can do out of a Hyundai Elantra, or what her fees are, but this seems incredibly unlikely to me.

I run a fleet of delivery vehicles, and i see how quickly miles can add up. it takes my trucks 20+ years to hit 1 million miles of highway driving. I know my routes don’t do a whole lot of miles, but I have different drivers each day, too. 8-10 hours every day behind the wheel gets very tiring.

I’m not saying it is impossible, but I’m not sure I believe it either, lol

I’m just saying, I drive 800 miles in one day and at 80 miles an hour with gas stops, it takes me 13 hours and there ain’t no way you’d do it every day. I don’t care how young you are. Must be a fleet vehicle with three shifts of drivers. Maybe she has been cheating on mileage reimbursement with a drill or something. I remain unconvinced but you folks go ahead.

1 Like

I noticed the article doesn’t state when she bought this 2013, If she bought it in late 2012, and it’s now the end of 2018, It took her 6+ years.

1. 2013
  2. 2014
  3. 2015
  4. 2016
  5. 2017
  6. 2018
1 Like

That’s a lot of miles for sure. But it seems believable the car’s original drivetrain was able to cover 1,000,000 miles. After all it isn’t unusual for posters here to say they’ve got 250K + miles on their original drivetrain cars. That sort of driving, constant speeds at 60 mph +, those are very easy miles.

So some student could get Corvette if they wrote out the numbers from 1 to 1,000,000 on a sheet of paper? That doesn’t seem that difficult, I mean if you got a Corvette in return, and the sheet was really big. You could use one of those long rolls of butcher paper. I’m guessing that job could be done in just a few weeks working 12 hours a day. Even better if the teacher said the task was to add all the numbers from 1 to 1,000,000. That’s like a 2 minute task.

I cannot understand an auto parts delivery system so inefficient that it generated an average of 550 miles per day seven days a week all year with auto parts that fit in to a Hyundai Elantra. She also doesn’t have the look of someone who is piling up that many miles that fast. Where is the bad skin, wrinkles, bloodshot eyes and the million mile stare.

Also, how many customers are taking deliveries that late or that early to make it possible.

I would have thought that too George, until I got convicted of talking out of turn in fourth grade. I had to write the same sentence 500 times before I could go out for recess again. Like I said once before in my confession, it was a tough sentence. I worked and worked during recess and at night to serve my time. Had it not been for my sister forging my handwriting on the lamp shade, I might have still been doing it in fifth grade. 500 was a lot, but one million is really really a lot.:tired_face:

And no trial or anything. Her head just exploded and I was convicted. Did I mention her name was Miss Head? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah I thought I could do 500 standing on my head as they say. I’m really funny tonight but I’ll be glad when Christmas is over. I think I’ll see if my sister still remembers, now that you brought it up.

One, two, three…Nine hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine, one million.

Seems like a lifetime of writing in-between.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/219641

So I wonder, would you get a new model Corvette or a 15 year old one?

Assuming she changed the oil every 10,000 miles, that’s every 18 days.

And tires every 2 to 3 months.

And plugs twice a year. So add up the downtime just for normal service and it gets even worse. Hard to get a tune-up in a couple hours, unless she did he own at night before bed.

And brakes four times a year at 50,000 miles between services. When did she find time to do her deliveries?

For those still crunching numbers and guessing at what she does, oil change every 2 weeks, averaging about 200K a year, and drives deliveries 7 days a week:

1 Like

Definitely would take longer if the numbers had to be spelled. Is that part of the requirement? It looked to me to be simply hand printing the numbers … i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4 … 1,000,000

Heh heh heh, they didn’t put that deer bumper on the front for her though. She’s driving all those two lane roads and is going to need that bumper.

I don’t know about you, but I do my car maintenance on weekends.

200k/yr is 4000 hrs? @50mph appx. were you ever home?

Ridiculous unbelievable claim by a woman and or a car company seeking publicity

What is the second prize?
Is it two Corvettes?
:rofl: