Once again, you've given your listeners B-O-O-O-G-U-S information--this time about Rain-X

You are 100% correct. At highway speeds the beads are blown off. At slow speeds the beads stay in place. Simple physics. RainX was used on our military aircraft windscreens. Wipers were used when taxiing but at 250 mph cruise speed received a well deserved rest. I have used RainX wiper fluid for years with very good results. My local mart frequently has it on sale for less than the blue stuff.

I am currently using the bug and tar remover version for the summer. It seems to work very well.

@thesamemountainbik
"I question whether it’s even necessary. I keep good blades on my wipers, keep my windshield clean, and have great visibility in even heavy rain. The real problem is that people keep their same wiper blades on indefinitely, then when they no longer work they look for a “magic pill” solution like Rain-X to compensate.

Keeping good blades on and keeping the windshield clean has worked for me for 45++ years. I contend that it’s all that’s necessary."

bik? Anyhow

I have used Rain-X for a couple decades. I just did the Grand Prix (That rear window is huge, ugh!) about a week ago. I use a small sponge and follow directions about 2 applications. You can feel it cleaning grittiness from your car windows by the second application.

Before Rain-X
Throw a rag/towel across your windshield and it skids to a stop on the glass.

After Rain-X
Throw the same rag/towel across your windshield and it doesn’t even decelerate, sliding across and flying onto the ground on the other side.

Long story even longer, I have always considered that the smooth Rain-X-ed surface subjected the wiper blades to much less wear and tear, prolonging their life of adequately wiping without streaking.

Also, I have found that frost and ice is easier to remove when Rain-X has been applied. A real bonus where I live above the 45th parallel.
CSA

Yeah, I wasn’t too impressed by it. It didn’t really remove bug goo at all. The orange stuff is great but I can’t find it anywhere.