Old Camry vs. newer CRV

I recently wrote in with a question about trading in my 2001 Camry for a newer Honda CRV. I got some great answers that really made me think. Thanks to all who wrote in and help me decide. I will have my comfy Camry detailed and spiffed up, and drive it until…whenever.

Thanks again!

Thanks for posting back. Most people never do that. Your Camry should provide reliable, economical transportation for years to come. Enjoy it.

When I used to think about getting a newer car, I would go out and throughly clean up my old car. I would go the whole route with the exterior wax and interior clean-up. This would always make me feel better about my present car. Just last week we sold our 2006 Chevrolet Uplander to my son who needed a better vehicle and bought a 2011 Toyota Sienna to take its place. I steam cleaned the carpets, put in new floor mats and washed and waxed the exterior of the Uplander. I felt so good about the Uplander that I almost let my son take the new Sienna instead.
Years ago, my Dad bought a seven year old DeSoto coupe for a second car when my mother went back to work. The maroon paint was faded, but the car ran well. I was in 8th grade at the time and didn’t think the car was “cool” and made some caustic remarks about the car. My Dad put me to work with rubbing compound, car polish and wax, as well as having to do a thorough clean-up of the interior. After all the work, I decided that the old DeSoto was really o.k. What really made the car “cool” was that I got the radio to work and the newer car my parents owned didn’t have a radio. Spiff up your Camry and you will be glad you kept it.