Odd squeal in driver window area when turn off engine.?

I hear an odd squeal near driver window/lock control when turn off engine. Of course, it never happens at dealer.

So you have a Honda Fit? That’s all you are going to tell us about this car? If it is still under warranty, it is the dealer’s problem to fix it.

… and if it isn’t under warranty, a good independent mechanic should be able to diagnose it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, warranty ended last year. Module was replaced, but didn’t “do the trick.”

| Mustangman
June 6 |

• | - |

So you have a Honda Fit? That’s all you are going to tell us about this car? If it is still under warranty, it is the dealer’s problem to fix it.

Then there is no reason to continue to go to the dealership.
An indy mechanic will charge FAR less, and–hopefully–will be more diligent about diagnosing the problem.

Ask friends, neighbors, relatives, and coworkers for recommendations regarding a good mechanic’s shop. Just be sure to ignore any suggestions that you go to any of the following:
Midas, Meineke, Monro, Sears, Pep Boys, Firestone, or… God forbid… AAMCO.

1 Like

Thankas for the list of don’t. It’s hard to break the dealewr psych, but I did finally get a neigoborhood garage to change oil. Funny, that’s one was dealer lures you in, with $35-40 specials for the only kind of oil change it does (full synthetic). Neighborhood did charge about 50% more for full synthetic. But then I think he has to stock numerous weights, not just the Honda weight. Anyway, will follow your thinking. Squeal-- v annoying.

| VDCdriver
June 6 |

• | - |

Then there is no reason to continue to go to the dealership.
An indy mechanic will charge FAR less, and–hopefully–will be more diligent about diagnosing the problem. Ask friends, neighbors, relatives, and coworkers for recommendations regarding a good mechanic’s shop. Just be sure to ignore any suggestions that you go to any of the following:
Midas, Meineke, Monro, Sears, Pep Boys, Firestone, or… God forbid… AAMCO.

If the window and door controls are working properly, I suggest you live with it and drive on.
Does it do it if you shut off with the window partly open?

Not sure abt window partly open. I’ll have to look for that (wdell, listen foer it).

| circuitsmith
June 6 |

• | - |

If the window and door controls are working normally I suggest you live with it and drive on.
Does it do it if you shut off with the window partly open?