Nokian WR G2 vs Michelin Primacy MXV4- best for Boston weather

Nokian WR G2 vs Michelin Primacy MXV4 - best for Boston weather

Hi,

I need new tires and have narrowed it down to these 2. I have a 2006 Jetta, which has Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires which had about 45k last winter and were useless.

They need to be all-season.

Are the Nokian’s very loud or rough, would I lose a lot in braking etc if I went with them. I do like a quiet interior and would prefer not feel every bump in the road as well.

Thanks in advance

Define useless. And if you want a quiet interior and a smooth ride you should trade the Jetta in for a Camry.

I own the Nokian WR G2’s with 35,000 miles on them and have been nothing but pleasantly surprised. They are on a performance oriented 2005 Legacy GT(turbo) wagon. As far as bumps I don’t think any different the OEM Bridgestone’s my car came with. I do however ride around on 45 series tires.

They have great winter traction but at the same time are quiet and pleasant. They are incredible in the wet and slush.

They still show the snow flakes indicator (meaning tread depth enough for winter) so I think 50k will be the life.

I was skeptical on a one tire that is winter tire rated and decent in the summer too. Nokian succeeded on this tire.

I say go for it