No heat please help! Ive done so much already

So my blower motor has been going out since last winter. It finally went about 2 months ago. I changed it and u can hear the blower blowing very strong but im barely getting anything out of the vents. I have googled, wstched you tube video after video and nothing i have seen so far is the problem.

Is the problem not enough airflow or that the airflow is not hot? You mention you have done so much. What have you done so far beside changing the blower motor, Also what year is your van?

Unless it’s an old van, you probably have a cabin filter. And if you’ve never changed it, it’s probably clogged.

1 Like

allpar.com has a minivan forum specializing in Chrysler minivans like yours. I have found good help there for various things with my Plymouth and Chrysler minivans.

I think the various doors and flaps in the HVAC system operate on engine vacuum. It might be a simple matter of a hose leaking or disconnected. There should be a vacuum hose going from the engine through the firewall - possibly disconnected. Best of luck.

1 Like

@shanonia has given you good advice. If your heater controls operate various air flow doors, it is quite possible that there is a.vacuum leak. I once replaced the spark plugs on my 1978 Olds Cutlass. It drove fine after I did the job, but there was no airflow through the louvres on the dash. When something like happens, I think back to what I might have done when I changed the spark plugs. When I opened the hood, I found that I had accidentally pulled a vacuum hose off the vacuum reservoir. The rear plug on the passenger side was hard to reach and I had to work around the vacuum reservoir. It is possible that the OP may have accidentally pulled a vacuum hose loose when changing the blower.
Sometimes your ears can tell you if there is a vacuum leak. My dad had a 1983 Buick Century and had the Buick dealer tune the engine. It ran worse when they completed the job. He took it back and they retarded the ignition and made some adjustment to the carburetor. That made things worse. He was complaining about the car at Sunday dinner. After dinner, I decided to look at the car. I could hear a strange noise under the hood as I listened to the engine. I found the vacuum hose off that was supposed to be connected to an actuator that worked a damper on the air cleaner. With the hose off, the engine was always drawing heated air off the exhaust manifold. I reattached the vacuum hose and the engine immediately ran better, but the car was sluggish. My dad took the car back to the Buick dealer to have the timing reset. When he went to pick up the car, the dealer tried to charge him for a timing and carburetor adjustment. They had the audacity to claim that setting the timing was different than a tune-up. Fortunately, I was there and after “educating” the service manager about what was involved in a tune-up, he asked if I was a mechanic. I told him to bring in a car that had a problem, get his best mechanic and I bet the service manager a week’s paycheck I could find the problem first. My bluff worked and the service manager tore up the bill.

When I owned a Chevy Citation, one of the annoying problems in the first month was a persistent rattle from the door lock button on the passenger door. When I brought this to the attention of the service manager, his response was, “Oh, it’s supposed to be like that”.

I told him that I certainly respected the manufacturer’s original design parameters, and as a result, I expected that when I picked up my car at the end of the day, he would make sure that the door lock button on the driver’s door also had the GM’s intended, designed-in rattle, so that everything was operating as the rocket scientists at GM had intended!

Yes, I was taking a bit of a chance, but when I picked my car up at the end of the day, they had indeed eliminated the persistent rattle from the passenger door.

And, yes, it might be considered to be unfair to take advantage of mental defectives like that Chevy service manager, but… perhaps he learned something in the process of trying to outsmart me.
Or not…

As the old saying goes… Sometimes it’s as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.
:thinking: