Nissan Rogue 2023 revving up

Hi! Just bought a Rogue 15 days ago and this thing came up. When in N, stepping on the gas pedal and increasing rpm to 2000 then release the pedal rpm begin to slow down and when it reaches around 1000 it revs up a little bit and then goes black to slowing down. I did this cause I noticed this issue: when reaching a street cross and breaking the car accelerates a little bit forcing me to press harder on the brake pedal which is very annoying. So I went home and did this test an realized that in N behaves the same as I explained. Do you have any idea of what it is? The car is brand new, only 100 miles. What should I do? Thank you guys!

One word [[[ WARRANTY ]]]

4 Likes

Well, you definitely don’t want to attempt to repair it yourself, nor should you pay a mechanic to try to remedy the situation.

Yup!

3 Likes

My intention here was to know if this was a normal behavior given that this forum is full of people that knows way more than me. Of course I will go to warranty. :frowning:

You have to understand, we may not start seeing this for a few years as they are still under warranty and most people just go straight back to the dealer after paying $$$$$ for a vehicle if a problem occurs…

Plus about any given dealer will look at you funny if you go in and say my NEW vehicle is doing so and so and a group of guys on a forum that I will never meet said you need to check so and so…

No one is trying to be mean, just don’t want you checking something that could give the dealer a reason to deny a warranty issue if this is one…

But just incase it is, feel free to update us incase we start hearing about this issue from others…

3 Likes

+1
If you tell the dealership that “someone” told you that the atomic whats-is needs to be replaced, if they replace it and that was not the source of the problem, then you would have to pay for the misdirected repair.

Just tell the dealer’s service staff what you are experiencing, and allow them to diagnose it. If you feel that they didn’t do an adequate job, then you could always refer the matter up the chain to Nissan of America, but–for the time being–give the dealer’s service department a chance to diagnose it.

1 Like

It’s a good question. I’ve never experienced that symptom on any of my older vehicles. The only time I had something even a little bit similar was due to a problem with the idle air control function on my Corolla. No idea what could be causing it on OP’s car, but I concur, this shouldn’t be ignored; safety issue, it needs to be addressed w/due speed imo.

2 Likes

I suspect the dealer will tell you it’s normal. If they do, ask for a detailed explanation. If they can’t explain it, then the problem isn’t normal.

1 Like

+1
Additionally, if the OP feels that this is an issue that could come back to haunt him later, I strongly suggest that he send a certified letter to Nissan of America, detailing both his concerns and the dealership’s response. Retain copies of everything, of course.
If he can prove that he tried his level-best to have the problem remedied during the warranty period, then Nissan will be on the hook for repairs, even after the warranty expires.

1 Like