Nissan Pathfinder 2003 SE

My car at first had issues just not starting. Now it starts just fine but it stalls when I come to a stop at lights or signs. This past time it hesitated before stopping after it turned off. When it turns off the lights and radio are still on. I have taken it to a nearby mechanic and a Nissan Dealership…Nothing… Any idea??

I have a 97 and an 03. If it were one of mine, I would start with normal tune-up procedures: plugs, wires, fuel injector cleaner, transmission fluid drain and fill, etc. Beyond that I would be guessing.
One guess: some GM transmissions had a problem where after running at highway speeds would die when they came to a stop because something would keep their transmissions from disengaging. If you have a mechanic you really trust, you might see if he knows a good transmission tech.
I have almost 200k on my 97. More than once a simple tranny drain & fill has rectified weird tranny symptoms. I only use Nissan tranny fluid, so it’s a little pricey, but much cheaper than a repair.

Is the check engine light on?

The current symptoms sound to my untrained ear like a lock-up torque converter failing to unlock.

That’s what I was going for, macfisto.