NHTSA asks Tesla to recall 158k vehicles

Failing touchscreens wouldn’t usually be considered to be a safety issue, but because so many functions of Teslas are controlled via the touchscreen, NHTSA is considering this to be a potential safety issue.

I didn’t read the article, but when I was talking to a Tesla owner and saw that big touch screen, it was an immediate turn-off for me.

1 Like

One house in our addition has 2 Tesla vehicles. The mobile service van seems to be there a lot . Add that to this recall and the fact that I don’t want one dime of my money to go to Elon Musk I will not buy a Tesla.

1 Like

My son in law works in big-tech and thinks elon musk is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I believe he’ll get a Tesla at some point.

A co-woirker’s really happy with her Model 3 but another friend who’s owned EV’S since the days of the one’s that could only go 35mph won’t touch a Tesla for any amount of money and has bought a Kia Niro EV instead which works better for him. Used to drive a truck like this.
,zap-xebra-truck

I have had two friends that had to lemon law their Tesla Model X.
But I don’t ask Tesla owners if they are happy with their cars. Most buyers are not car people and just buy the Tesla because it is cool. Saying they don’t like the car or they found flaws with it makes it uncool. So you won’t get an honest answer for the most part.
I like my IC engine manual shift Veloster, Get 34+ MPG which is pretty good. I am not sure in the long run which one is worse for the environment but with these prices I am not buying a Tesla yet.

1 Like