Tesla troubles

"The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said that since January 2018 it had identified 11 crashes in which Tesla models ‘have encountered first responder scenes and subsequently struck one or more vehicles involved with those scenes.’ Tesla shares fell 5% on the news. "
:astonished:

Call me what you will…but I’ve yet to know anyone who was really excited about this car “autopilot” stuff. I don’t want it, myself. Seems like a solution in search of a problem, or something along those lines.

3 Likes

Those of us who can no longer drive due to age and other factors welcome the coming of self driving vehicles.

I don’t know what I am going to do when I can’t drive any more but I do know I will not be in a vehicle by my self with no driver the way I look at it this way anything mechanical or electrical can break down so I will never put myself in that position.

The older (over 70) welcome it and younger (under 30). There are PLENTY of problems autonomous vehicles will solve. Over 1 million problems. There were over 1 million DUI arrests in 2020 which resulted in over 10,000 traffic deaths due to DUI. If 1 million were arrested you can rest assure that there were easily 5 times that many NOT arrested. Autonomous vehicles don’t get drunk.

1 Like