Newbie here

Hey y’all, I’m new here and my first classic car that I owned was a 1968 Ford Mustang. I am very interested in learning a lot of new things here.

Have a great day!!!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks so much!!

Just remember that on any question usually one group will say one thing and another will say the exact opposite. So you get to choose which answer you like and decide for yourself which is correct. It can get a little confusing. Just dont ask how often to change oil. :laughing:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome aboard.

… as Dorothy Gale discovered…

:wink:

2 Likes

Hey, welcome. But enter at your own risk. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome!!

Thanks so much!!

I own an early 70’s ford truck, 302, now my daily driver. 68 Mustang w/302 stock probably had 100 hp more than my 302; early 70’s Ford was struggling to meet federal emissions standard. One method they used on my truck, cut compression to 8.2. I have no complaints, engine has plenty of power for my needs, but 302 from an early 70’s truck wouldn’t be the best choice for a 68 Mustang probably. Did your 68 have an automatic or manual transmission? One thing about Fords from about 1964 through 1979, they were virtually all just variations of the same theme. If you could fix one, you could fix them all.

It’s an automatic. I wish it was a manual transmission though.

1 Like

RTFM! …

Or which oil to use. Bobstheoilguy is for that brand of crazy.

1 Like

Welcome. What is your daily driver now? Do you still have the Mustang? Any other cars?

My daily driver is a Honda Pilot. Sadly, I do not have the Mustang, I did not really have a lot of time to dedicate to what I wanted to be my project, so I sold it to someone who did have the time and money to put into it to make it as it was before. No, I do not have any other cars. I am definitely saving up for my dream car and by that I mean restoring my dream car.

1 Like

One problem with owning classic cars, you can’t visit a gasoline station or anywhere else without someone asking if you want to sell it. OK when time is flush, but creates some tension if in a hurry and unable to engage in friendly car-talk. Just the other day I was parked in grocery store parking lot, somebody asked if they can take a photo. Not of me, of my truck … lol …

1 Like

Yes, that is true and I can believe it. I’ve had people pull into my driveway asking if they can buy my car from me. They were always surprised that a female owned a Mustang to begin with.

3 Likes

What backward country do you live in ?

At least once a day. Otherwise the fries get this horrible burned flavor.

4 Likes

Oh oh, getting hungry … :wink:

I routinely watch re-runs of the old Johnny Carson show. One recent episode, Johnny was talking to Carl Reiner. CR saying when he visits France his favorite food is roasted pig’s head, something weird like that. CR asks Johnny his favorite food when he is vacationing in France? Johnny, without hesitating: “Pomme frites” … lol…

2 Likes