New Noise after tranny rebuild

I recently had to have the transmission of my 99 Olds Intrigue rebuilt. Since leaving I’ve noticed abnormally loud intake noise under hard acceleration. I’ve had this car 10 years and am sure it didn’t use to be this loud in the same situation. The sound is kind of like the sound you’d get on older cars when you flipped the air-cleaner cap over to get a couple extra hp. Other than that all is good. I did check under the hood and the intake system seemed to be bundled up tight. Any ideas?

Check to see if shift cable body aperture grommet was dislodged during the trans R&R process.

To be honest I’m not sure what that is, however yesterday when my wife got home she asked me to check it out. I went out & started it and was greeted by the sound of what I believe is the transmission fluid pump burbling since it comes from the lower left of the engine. Note this was the same sound that preceded the initial transmission outage.
Next I put it in gear and what seemed like whole drive train started an audible high frequency vibration - different than when an engine is rough starting & as I mentioned it was already warmed up. Now this has moved past a strange noise to a tangible problem so I feel more justified in taking it back at this point - plus I don’t think it’s safe to drive.
Thanks for your response - I’ll keep you posted as this progresses.

one other question: I paid $2900 for this rebuild so that ought to cover the entire transmission correct? We haven’t put 30 miles on it since it’s return,

I’m going to hold my breath while I ask this question:

Was the transmission rebuild done by AAMCO, Lee Myles, Cottman, Mr. Transmission, or another chain operation?

yes - AAMCO

Unfortunately, you selected the absolute worst place to have the transmission overhaul done, as AAMCO is notorious for (pick one or more):

Claiming that an overhaul is necessary when less repair work will suffice
Poor quality workmanship
High prices
Failure to honor their warranty, based on some kind of technicality

I suggest that you take the car back to AAMCO, and politely–yet firmly–state that you are not satisfied with the work that was done, and that you expect them to make it right. You may have to persist and to take it back multiple times before they (hopefully) fix it properly.

Bear in mind that you may wind up having to go to your local Office of Consumer Affairs in order to put some clout behind your request. The Office of Consumer Affairs is a govermental entity run at either the local, county, or state level, depending on where you live. Forget the “Old Boys’ Club” known as the Better Business Bureau, as they have no regulatory or punitive power, and will likely be of no help to you.

I sincerely wish you the best in getting this resolved, and once again I ask:
Why, oh why, oh why do people continue to patronize these chain-operation charlatans?

Well I’m in it now for sure, the original diagnosis was a blown fluid pump. They said this caused the clutch to burn out because there wasn’t sufficient pressure to keep it engaged. They said a rebuild was required since the disintegrated parts of the pump had been sucked into the transmission.
Upon return from being “repaired” the issues progressed from the noise I described before to a metallic clicking noise in reverse & sometimes when coasting in D, or shifting between D & 3. Also somewhat random “pops” coming from the trans-axle. Also there is a growling noise at low speeds that wasn’t there before I’m sure.

Luckily we have three cars and only two drivers so I can afford to keep taking it back with minimal inconvenience until it gets fixed or they go out of business from all the free labor.