New Member!

Hello Everyone! I am new on this forum.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, there are a great bunch of members here with so much knowledge to share. If you have a question for the forum, please include all relevant information: Year, Make, Model, Engine, Transmission, mileage, ownership history (such as: original owner, bought 2-years ago, just got it last week, etc…), maintenance history, etc…

Now, that plethora of information is not necessary for every problem, such as: “My key fob stopped working, do I need a new battery?” And Yes, you would need a new battery as your first choice…

Also, you may find the SEARCH function a great way to solve a lot of problems, most of us have found that we were not the first to have a certain issue…

And do not be surprised to find out that there are several “ways to skin a cat…”

Enjoy and we look forward to your contributions.

tenor

3 Likes

welcome to the family

2 Likes

Welcome. If you haven’t read the two pinned posts at the top of the column, do so. They are a good introduction for new members.

2 Likes

Feel free to ask for help with your car(s)

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum…

1 Like

Welcome. there is a lot of knowledge here to be learned if you stick around.

1 Like

Hey minipop, welcome. Tell us about the cars and trucks you own and/or drive.

1 Like

Welcome, how long have you been driving? What car do you own now?

Looks like you just joined as well Adam… Welcome

Thank you for welcoming.
I am actually a dog lover, and currently looking for a car that is perfect for my Cavachon dog and me. I love to enjoy trips with my lovely four leg family members. Let me know what you guys think, which will be the perfect car for these type of adventures?

Most dogs believe it or not don’t really care what you drive, that is a human emotion not a dog one… All dogs mostly want is just to be with you and could careless about the ride…
So you need to be looking for a vehicle that suits YOUR needs… I have had dogs anywhere from 30 to 120 pounds, American Eskimo to a Wolf/Alaskan Malamute hybrid, many Pitbull’s mixed and pure, Golden Retriever and many in between and all loved to ride in anything I drove, they didn’t care… I also have friends with dogs that don’t care what they drive either… So as long as the vehicle is safe, don’t worry about the dog… They may not like loud exhaust though…

I mean I would not recommend an old Junker with large holes in the floor boards or anything… lol

That being said, unless you carry your dog everywhere then the height of the floor of the car might want to be considered so the dog can jump in it… If the dog is really old and has a hard time getting on the couch then you probably don’t need a Ford F250 or similar with a 6" lift and 37" tires… so use some common since when looking…

SEO spam? This site has a very high search engine ranking, which I believe means that links to sites posted on here have a strong influence toward the rankings on those sites. So a lot of accounts get created on here for the purpose of posting a link to some site.

I don’t really care, but if the account goes dormant and never talks about cars then that’s probably what it is.

1 Like

How many people in the family? If there are two adults, one child and the dog just about anything will work for passenger capacity. More people mean more seats and you might need three rows or keep the dog in the cargo area of a SUV.

I had a dog a while back. He preferred my truck b/c he could sit on the seat beside me, instead of in the back seat in the Corolla. But not as safe in the front as the back for a dog. It’s a compromise. Subaru is the car company who seems to focus on dog-owners, suggest to start there, maybe a Forester would be a good choice. Here is my favorite Subaru dog commercial … lol .

I like the rest stop best.

Our dog enjoys barking at the TV when they’re on (he doesn’t have a preference).

1 Like

Me too! Hey welcome to CarTalk. Hope we have a good experience in this community. :slight_smile: