New job skills for Art History majors

I’m the only Jeopardy winner and licensed mental health professional in the Car Talk ranks.

Edit: @VDCdriver‌, you’re right. The game is harder than yelling out answers at the TV. They lock out the buzzer for a quarter second if you ring in too early, and they also film the show in real time. If you get off on the wrong foot with timing and you panic, it’s hard to turn around. Winning streaks are tough, too, because they tape a week’s worth of shows in a day, back to back.

I’ve played along with Jeopardy in the past at home and did pretty well at it. All of my kids used to tell me that I should give it a shot when tryouts were held some years ago but I would not for various reasons.

Going brain dead during the show, not being photogenic IMO, and probably a few bleep moments while booting the podium in disgust would sink me very quickly.

Sure, and I was really good at golf, no money in it says I, accounting, na computers will do all the work, teaching, there is job stability and benifits, wrong on all 3.

Losing diplomatically has never been one of my strong points… :frowning: