New Idea for a car

If that cart had a steam engine that ran on recycled horse Poo… Why that would be a true hybrid :slight_smile:

I’m not looking for a flux capacitor, but the brass balls are a deal at $19.95!

Speaking of running on recycled poo…

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/methane_bate.html

Wife keeps pestering me on getting the, Round Tuit, but $125.99 seems a little steep considering brass balls are only $19.95 ( :

I was wondering, in what sense is the reliability ridiculous? Like it only lasts 10 seconds before needing some type of repair/replenishment? That would be ridiculous.

Have you seen the new Microsoft line of cars?

ktpmh2007: You make an original post regarding a potentially revolutionary automotive design, but then all you’ll tell us is it runs on electricity and magnets. (?) Are you an engineering student? All kidding aside- follow your dream. I just don’t understand why you didn’t go into more detail regarding such.

In the 50’s and 60’s, they actually got pretty far along with a nuclear powered robot bomber. It had to be unmanned because it produced lethal amounts of radiation, and because flying Mach 3 at sea level heated it well past what any pilot could stand. At one point, someone even pointed out that they didn’t need to arm the thing, just have it fly in circles over the other guy’s cities. Yup, a 22 ton, radiation spewing, nuclear armed death machine flying 2200 MPH at treetop height. ( http://www.vought.com/heritage/products/html/slam.html )

Test engines were built and tested, but luckly, ICBMs made this thing obsolete before it made it into production. People might also have started to realize that you didn’t really want to use this weapon on the same planet you live on. Sometimes I think it’s a miracle we survived the cold war at all.

It’s very scary (and/or amusing) what you get when you mix technical types looking for maximum funding with politicians who don’t have a clue. Of course, some day we will get to look back and laugh at some of the current nonsense.

I also have good idea to save fuel if we install a big maganet on front bump and another one on the rear of each car with the same poles as you get close to car in front or one is behind you the poles would push away each car inline would push the other car and you would not have any rear end collisions. just one pushing the other like mag lift trains

They got much farther with nuclear submarines…

there is ethanol, hybrid, pure electric, air, and hydrogen cars out there. i just dont get why they have to be so ugly. plus, you dont see these cars unless they are expensive, if the government wants less pollution so bad, they can see to it that there are nicer cars, and cheap. until then, ill be riding my 2smoke

The government doesn’t dictate price or style.

i know, but they can have something to do with it, well i guess they cant with price or style, but still, if they would motivate the car companies that we really neeed less pollution, the companies would see to it that the cars will be more appealing to the average person

Um, the current crop of cars run tremendously cleaner than those of yesteryear, virtually all because of government mandates. How the manufacturers achieve those emissions levels is up to them, not the government. So I’m sure what your point is.

“I have a brilliant idea for a hybrid car that use no conventional fuel and its reliability would be ridiculous. it also would have 600+ hp.”

I don’t.

motivation is my point from the government, to the companies