New Idea for a car

I have a brilliant idea for a hybrid car that use no conventional fuel and its reliability would be ridiculous. it also would have 600+ hp

Congratulations. I was wondering, in what sense is the reliability ridiculous? Like it only lasts 10 seconds before needing some type of repair/replenishment? That would be ridiculous.

BTW- Do you have a question or is this some form of tourettes syndrome? Blurting out thoughts without any real purpose…

FYI:

It’s amazing what folks would do for a little cold war funding.

ha ha ha.

Wow, someone has way too much free time on their hands.

That’s Jake with me, tsmb. Maybe we could get a squirrel cage, inject some squirrels with caffene extract from your Jamaican blend; stand back; and watch the dinah-moe-hum!

I have managed to design a car that runs on a hybrid system(electric+magnets) the magnets themselves have a usage life of 400yrs and the electrics would require little or no regular maintanence. I will out anymore because I am in the process or building it but am running short of cash if you can imagine that lol.

Perpetual motion. Who would have ever thought it possible. I’m stunned.

Here is where you can get that flux capacitor along with other fine auto parts and accessories http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=28

Riddle me this: What lives under a bridge and gives grief to passing billy goats?

Thanks, americar. as soon as I can convince the bank that the royalties on my perpetual motion machine will pay back the $175,000 loan, we’ll be in business. W/the flux capacitor and tsmb’s caffeine-injected squirrel cage, the importance of this invention will certainly rival that of the WHEEL! Don’t worry, I’ll cut you guys in.

I have a feeling he’s serious.

Well, last I heard, NASA was still holding their space elevator competition, seems like they could use some magnets too.

As much fun as it is to laugh about stuff like this, I always keep that little bit reserved in the back of my head that says, “Man, what if this is the dude (or dudette) that gets it right?”

Save your money and quit getting headaches over this. The future is here today! Who needs electric motors and magnets!

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/OddPics/Car.html

Why are you calling it a Hybrid, because of the drive train? I totally agree with the concept of ridiculous relaibility. It has not been built or tested yet, how did you get the bathtub curve for this thing. I guess you can use methane from human digestive process to power this thing, just need to drink a lot of beer. If you have done some engineering work towards developing a product out of this idea, then you should try to see if you can get a patent on this and some one will buy from you. If not and you are looking at something that every one else missed good luck…

Electric + magnets, huh? That isn’t a hybrid…it’s an electric car. The first was invented around the year 1900, perhaps earlier. The most recent is the Tesla (Visit the Tesla Automobiles website).

The big problem with electric cars is storage of enough energy, in a compact enough package, to make a car usable. And rechargability sufficiently efficient to make it practical. Tesla seems to have solved the problem with an array of tens of thousands of lithium ion batteries. These generate lots of heat, however Tesla seems to have designed a management system to dissipate the heat. They’ve also worked closely with Lotus’ engineering group to develop a chassis (based on the existing Lotus Elise chassis) that’s light, sturdy, crashworthy, and will take an extremely serodynamic body (looks alot like the Elise…go figure!).

If you truely have something better, I think that’s great. Pusue you dream. However, realize that some of the finest minds have been woring on the problem for over a century.

Sincere best.

Ok all of you alligators:

1. The OP did not say that the car would run.
  2. What is ridiculous reliabilty? Good? Bad? None?
  3. It has 600 what plus hp? 600 + signs painted on the hood?

In the aerospace world, a “hypergolic propellant” is a combination of fuel and oxidizer that ignites on contact without needing an igniter.

It sounds like a cart pulled by 601 horses to me. The hybrid technology would be the energies created by both respiration and digestion. It would hardly be brilliant though and the fuel would be very conventional. It would be very reliable and have 600+ horsepower!

FDLOL And I thought my old '73 Toytota Corolla ran on invisible hamsters under the hood!
Marnet

Yup, like the single accent engine on the Apollo LEM, not something you want to have too complex.