New car purchase optional extras

Maybe the US will allow the import of bodacious Tatas.

4 Likes

Well, still no car arrived.
Looked at another type of car. For a used 2021 model it was 850 dollars Mrsp more than a new higher spec next model up. But the dealer says the new cars have the ECP paint guard added on top at a cost of 3000 dollars. WTH.

@Bmm You started this in April . All new vehicles are going to have over priced addons for some time , maybe even a year or more. I think you said you need a vehicle so if you have a Carmax near you ( no I don’t have any thing to do with Carmax ) find something you can live with for a while . They do have a warranty that is better then most used vehicle sellers .

There is shortage of scrap metal these days

They want $800 for that?

Good god, aftermarket key fob vendors are selling that protection plan for 7 bucks.

“We didn’t raise the price but you have to pay us $1,600 extra” translates directly to “We Raised The Price!”

3 Likes

Will that $7 insurance plan pay for the Smart key on your Lexus?

No, it’ll replace the key fobs sold by that site. But I could get a new smart key from Lexus for around $400 at the high end. This $800 fob replacement “protection” really just means you’re buying at least 2 replacement fobs but you don’t get to actually have the fobs you bought unless you lose or break the ones you already have.

If my insurance company charged me $50,000 per year to insure that Lexus, I wouldn’t buy that either. :wink:

1 Like

This is the first time AutoSalesProfessional_PolkFL863 has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

Sorry folks I am not going to welcome a spammer.

3 Likes

Hey guys.
Still no car.
Here is what dealer said.
Car was at freight yard. Some cars were damaged. Our car was not damaged. They were working through the damaged cars before ours could be released. This was 20th May.
Deliver was end of May.
BS from the dealer saying the freight company not giving them any info.
Now dealer is saying our car had damage and we have a new one on its way that was shipped out a week ago but wont be available for roughly another 10 days plus.
Shipping is by train
Have they sold our original
Car to someone else?
Was our car repaired and they’re not saying anything, just giving us the same car.

Should the dealer compensate in any way?

I’d like to tell them to shove it but my wife wants this car.
What a crap position to be in.

Now how would anyone know the answer to those question that is not involved with any of those places ?

Is the VIN listed on your sales contract?

1 Like

Just throwing my thoughts out there in frustration.
Yes, there is a vin number on the original sales order.

At least you are getting a vehicle. I went to the ford dealer to order a new mustang mach1. they told me that ford would not even let me order it and ford did not give the dealer an answer to as why they could not. I guess they do not have enough parts to build it. they said you could go online and build it and put it in, but there is no guarantee it would be built. the order could just sit there in limbo. the times we live in now.

You need to tell your wife to forget this car and go buy something else that’s already in stock at a different dealer.

I wish I could.
It’s a hybrid and no one has any stock.
Other dealers were selling regular gas cars that were a year old got a higher price than a higher spec new model.

It’s good that you have a Vehicle Identification Number Number!

This announcement was brought to you by the Redundancy Office for Redundancy.
:wink:

2 Likes

What is this vehicle and why is it so special ?

It’s a Lexus and it’s not special to me, my wife seems to think it’s special.

1 Like

Look at the dealers inventory online, if your vehicle is listed, it show show “Deal Pending” and/or “In Transit from Factory”.

I looked on their site. Their is a car in transit which is a different vin number to ours.
The dealer told my wife our car was damaged so considered not new but was not returned to the factory.
But our last update we were told car was not damaged snd waiting on backlog with freight company.

This is why I’m thinking it has been sold to someone else.
Is there a way to check this as the dealer is not forthcoming with information.