New car purchase optional extras

For crying out loud . Just cancel the contract if you can . You do not seem to have much faith in this dealer now and it will probably get worse .

I have said this before , how do you expect anyone on the web to solve this for you .

This is a forum to ask advice/opinions. People offer advice and may have experienced similar.
If you donā€™t like my posts, then just ignore.
If we cancel, we then have to wait months for another car. Some dealers are quoting 6 months, so cancelling isnā€™t really an option.

2 Likes

You canā€™t envision every scam a stealer has up his sleeveā€¦

Which Lexus? LC500? LFA? IS-F? Yeah, thatā€™s special. ES350? Dime a dozen. I know, I have one. :wink:

There are plenty of normal Lexuses out there that you donā€™t need to torture yourself by dealing with shyster dealerships.

You may consider checking availability in other states - it may make sense to travel. I bought a Prius and a hybrid Rav4 off the dealerā€™s lot in Idaho while in Colorado, there is a 6 month waiting list. The reason is simple: Colorado is an intelligent high-tech state while Idahoā€¦ is not.

1 Like

Nice going ,another of your statements that will only irritate people . Trying to get another time out are you ?

4 Likes

Why simple facts offend you? Iā€™ve lived in both Colorado and Idaho. Have you? Alternatively, you can run a simple google search to see for yourself.
Again, facts are facts, and if you donā€™t like them, itā€™s your deficiency rather than that of facts.

Actually you expressed opinions about the intelligence of people, not facts. Just because you have strong opinions does not make them facts. If you really think they are facts, then show objective evidence.

2 Likes

Opinions?
Idaho takes an honorable 50th place in education spending:

You might find enlightening this resource:

And finally, look up ā€œstatisticsā€ in a dictionary. Youā€™ll be amazed. Promise. And when you are at it, look up ā€œfactā€ as well.

FYI: If you donā€™t like a fact it doesnā€™t cease being one.

And yet, in the statistics that actually matter when talking about peopleā€™s ability to figure out problems - namely, educational achievement - Idaho ranks right at mid-pack, coming in at 23rd in the nation for its grade schools.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education

Perhaps if you were as well-educated in statistics as someone from Idaho, youā€™d know that dollars spent does not directly correlate to any other statistic you care to use to prove a (wrong) point, such as academic achievement. For comparison, California spends over $3,000 more per student than Idaho, but only ranks 40th.

1 Like

Hereā€™s another ā€œfun factā€ about statistics, they can be manipulated in many ways to support the bias of the person or entity compiling them, hence the saying:
ā€œfigures lie, and liars figureā€
Just look at the probably the the largest statistic gathering entity around, U.S. Census Bur. They count illegal aliensā€¦ā€¦sorry undocumented immigrants. And this is used to allocate social services, draw voting districts, etc. using populations that arenā€™t even supposed to be here. But thatā€™s a discussion for another forum. Sorry, but it had to be said.