National Grouch Day

“Don’t ever tell the check out you didn’t find what you wanted unless you want to spend another ten minutes while they go from person to person confirming that they didn’t have what I was looking for. Just smile and say yup and get out of there.”

Absolutely!
99.9% of the time, I simply smile & say, “yes”, because–like you–I am finished shopping at that store, and have no desire to remain there any longer while they go on a quest for something that likely does not exist in their storeroom.

However, on a couple of occasions, when I was feeling impish, I did use my, “World Peace”, line, just to…to be a bit of a wiseguy…and to try to gauge the reaction when a customer gives a bizarre response.

The store where I encounter this on a regular basis is Whole Foods, and almost all of the cashiers are not kids. Instead, they are almost always adults, and sometimes they are as old as I am. Like you, I have a lot of patience with kids who are likely holding their first job, so I don’t play amateur comedian with the kids–who are few and far between at Whole Foods.

However, on a couple of occasions, when I was feeling impish, I did use my, "World Peace", line, just to...to be a bit of a wiseguy...and to try to gauge the reaction when a customer gives a bizarre response.

And then some stockboy frantically looks down the canned vegetable aisle for whirled peas.

Walmart bombed in Germany because of the low perceived quality of its products sold and Germans being bugged by staff who had inadequate knowledge. The German mindset was they know what they want or they would not be in the store, and they expect staff to be fully trained and knowledgeable, a rare occurrence at Walmart.

Target asks shoppers if they can help and actually give useful advice.

@meanjoe75fan

“I just hate bold-face lies told with a saccharine smile”

I prefer bold-face lies told with a nutrasweet smile