I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for my question. If not, I’d appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction.
I recently bought a used 1999 Honda Civic DX hatchback with an aftermarket sunroof. Unfortunately, the latch is broken and I’m having a difficult time trying to find a replacement. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the needed parts and tell me where I might find new ones.
I took some pictures of the broken latch and other parts of the sunroof. They can be viewed here:
Here is some more information:
* It’s a manual pop-up sunroof
* The car is a 1999 Honda Civic DX hatchback
* I need just the closing latch (the hinges, glass, and seal appear to be fine)
* Since the main part of the rear latch is missing, I do not know if it had a release button
* The glass does not have an attached frame around it
* The glass measures: 13 7/8" x 28 1/8"
* The front edge of the sunroof does not curve outward (it appears to be straight)
* I could not find any markings on the inside trim ring or rear latch
Near the latch, there is some information written on the glass. It reads as follows:
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Did you buy the car from the person who had the sunroof installed? Or do you know where the sunroof was installed?
I’d take the car to any and all places in your area that install aftermarket sunroofs and see if they can identify the part you need.
That part is called the over-center-latch. This draws the sunroof tight and when it goes over-center it locks the sunroof down.
Here’s an example of replacement sunroof latches. http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/sfcsunroof.htm Maybe if you can find the manufacturer of the sunroof they can supply a replacement latch.