My first convertible. What would be a good shampoo for the whole car?

Just bought it a week ago and it is already dirty.
It’s a canvas top.
I have been researching washing the car and found lots of good tips on washing a car, washing a top, and washing both at the same time.
My plan is to do a complete wash weekly with a shampoo that will do both, the car and the top and then wax the car few times a year and clean and waterproof the top every 4 to 6 weeks.
My research indicates to use a shampoo that doesn’t contain oils and wax. I have already eliminated Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss for that reason.
I am looking at Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo. Both indicates neutral PH.
Would it be safe for the top to use one of these?
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for you input.
Yves

@Yves.g.demers_165905 - Probably the best online source for auto care is the Autogeek web site . I know this is a new experience for you but don’t make it complicated . I never felt the need to put a top dressing on any of my convertible tops but a couple of times a year.

1 Like

The Gold Class wash is just fine for a convertible top. You do not have to waterproof the top every 6 weeks. It is not a vintage English sports car with a Ye Olde Tyme canvas top . It is a modern car with modern convertible top material that is waterproof the day it was built and will be for years and years.

If you want to take special care of the top, there are special cleaners and conditioners that will do the job. Maybe do this once a year.

My last convertible got its top replaced when it was 15 years old because 1) the plastic rear window ripped and 2) because there was a small wear-thru hole in the top. And I never conditioned or waterproofed the top in the 8 years I owned it. 15 years… and the top itself still looked good.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I will check their site.

That’s great tips. Thanks.