My favorite Christmas car song

Its that time of year again for me to share this.

Good one. :smiley:

I was just thinking about this song the other day, always a classic.

The opening scene might seem like a fantasy to some but 5 long winters in Northern Maine allows me to know better. I worked with several dorm dwellers that had to wait until the spring thaw to find their rides…cars, trucks and motorcycles. I like this song.

There must be a thousand parodies of “Jingle Bells”

For the benefit of those living sheltered lives in more temperate zones, a Yooper is a resident of Michigan’s UPPER peninsula.

For the benefit of those living sheltered lives in more temperate zones, a Yooper is a resident of Michigan's UPPER peninsula.

I presume that culturally, the upper peninsula is an extension of Wisconsin more than an extension of the lower peninsula of Michigan.
Just like east Texas is culturally an extension of Louisiana.

I presume that culturally, the upper peninsula is an extension of Wisconsin more than an extension of the lower peninsula of Michigan.

No, actually, culturally, Wisconsin is an extension of Michigan’s U.P. , Eh, Bud? Many early immigrants settled in the Upper Peninsula area in and around the town of Norway, Michigan.

Michigan had a slogan, a few years ago, meant to attract tourists, “Say ‘Yes’ To Michigan!” and it turned into a popular bumper sticker.

The Yoopers ( U.P. residents), mocking their own regional dialect and competing with the Lower Peninsula for tourists, countered with,
“Say Yah To Da UP eh?” That also became a popular bumper sticker. One can even visit the Yooper Museum while in Michigan.

I can’t do videos or hear the audio, but I’m guessing it’s Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, by Da Yoopers, eh?

CSA

Yep, every year a car is hit by a plow because the car is hidden in a snow bank. One year I remember blowing snow straight up in the driveway to try and clear the snow bank.

I can't do videos or hear the audio, but I'm guessing it's Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, by Da Yoopers, eh?

It actually was “Rusty Chevrolet”, which is why I commented that there must be 1000 ways to parody “Jingle Bells”.
This comment itself is a Paul Simon song parody.

Oops, I Meant The Da Yoopers Parody Song:
Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer Beer Truck
, By Da Yoopers.

Rusty Chevrolet
is a good tune, too.

CSA

Getting hit by the beer truck is my dream trip to the Tavern in the Sky.

It was “Grandpa got run over by a beer truck” Spoiler, grandma was driving.

We’re getting confused here. Grandma got run over by a reindeer is a popular song at Christmas.
GRANDPA got run over by a BEER TRUCK is a youtube by the same folks as the Rusty Chevrolet. There is no Grandma got run over by a beer truck that I know of. Grandma was at her job and Grampa is the one at the bar that got thrown out on the street when he couldn’t pay his tab. That’s when HE got run over by the beer truck. Unlikely at Christmas though since the drivers have the day off.

“Grandma got run over by a Reindeer” was by Elmo and Patsy. It doesn’t qualify as a car song though.