Multidisc Player flashing lights

I had the battery replaced on my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica and the CD multidisc player started flashing lights and acting as if it is changing the disc or ejecting it, but it’s not doing either. Eventually, it displays “Error”. Any suggestions or idea how to repair this is greatly appreciated.

Does the radio portion work.

Yep, factory radio and satellite work just fine, as does the single disk unit. The factory multidisc is separate is these cars.

Maybe some kind of theft protection kicked in? But I have no idea how you’d enter a code for it, even if you had it.

Here are several links, see if any help:

6 Disk CD Changer alternating flashing lights. - Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club (300mclub.org)

I just bought a 06 Pacifica touring. The dvd changer lights are flashing & I was told that there was a disc stuck in it. (justanswer.com)

CD player not working after Battery change | The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums

Cd Player All Lights Flashing. - Car Forums and Automotive Chat (automotiveforums.com)

SOLVED: Blinking lights and wont accept a cd - Fixya

SOLVED: 05 Chrysler DVD lights flash sequentsially,unit - Fixya

1 Like

If it was an anti theft control the radio wouldn’t work also. That’s assuming it’s an integrated CD system. Changing a battery wouldn’t cause a CD error to pop up unless there were previous issues and the variations in voltage finished it off. This usually means a mechanical failure. But all you can do is check if there’s proper voltage going to the unit. If there is you probably should have a professional audio guy fix it or replace it.

Thank you. I’ll take a look at these.

is yours made at the end of 2007? dodge and chrysler had problems with their radios in 2008 and 2009.
Radio doesn’t work after jump start — Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice | Automotive Repair Tips and How-To

The load mechanism has failed, might consider just unplugging the CD changer, not worth repairing.

Issue solved! The radio Gods have looked down upon this frustrated soul as he lay to rest and with empathetic fervor, snapped their proverbial fingers and said, deliquesce quagmire, deliquesce!

So the problem went away with no intervention on your part?

Nope. Nothing. Poof and voilà! Gone. Works for me!

Best I figure is I had some CD’s in it and with the change of battery, perhaps a jolt of power caused them to get stuck in the mechanism and then with the continual rotation, they became un-stuck?

That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it!

1 Like