More ev stations

I had said that was going to happen a while back… What do you think will happen to those homes that don’t have garages, you will have to run long cables out to the road to charge…

That is showing just a small amount of homes with street only parking for the most part…

As part of our covenants our developer required garages. He said not so much for cars but to put all the accumulated junk inside. Good guy. Ten trees with each lot. Said to have lots of kids for future buyers.

just fyi, I’m not able to see either of your two screenshots @davesmopar . When I click on them, I get re-directed to a security-warning web page.

I’m sure it would be. I’m not worried because there are no known spontaneous fires with LFP EV batteries and my car has them. It’s the safest of the lithium chemistries with respect to fire. Also, Tesla and probably other manufacturers have sophisticated temperature monitoring and control systems to address thermal runaway.

I agree that you shouldn’t buy an EV and charge it in your garage. Your peace of mind is very important and should be paramount in your buying decision.

The current EV’s are not viable for many people. But BILLIONS of dollars are being invested into new battery technology every year. The goal is a battery that can travel up to 400 miles before needing charging and a 10-minute charge time.

1 Like

Lucid has already beaten that goal by… a lot. Of course, the price ticket of a Lucid Air sedan is out of the reach of most people, but they have been able to achieve a truly impressive battery range:
https://ir.lucidmotors.com/news-releases/news-release-details/2024-lucid-air-grand-touring-longest-range-ev-gets-even-better#:~:text=The%202024%20Lucid%20Air%20Grand%20Touring%20features%3A,in%20the%20U.S.%20market%20today.

As to charging time, they are not near that 10 minute goal just yet, but their charging speed is still very impressive, IMO:

1 Like

Or charge while driving.
Fast forward to 29 seconds.

Gotta love Bucees , 120 gas pumps and no waiting . The places are huge .

Great, actually!

It seems to me that 5 miles (5 minutes) of charging will have a minimal impact on the battery state of charge. I’d also like to know how much the charging infrastructure adds as a percentage to the $540M cost of the highway.