Moderation queue

Me three.

I myself have had posts sent to cyber neverland for reasons that were completely beyond me. Basic, articulate explanations without bad words, controversy or commentary.

I’m somewhat concerned that perhaps the criteria are inconsistant.

Or is it true that one can send a post to neverland simply by flagging it? If so, this could easily be abused.

Web lackys, can you enlighten us in any manner?

The moderation queue is where posts go after they are flagged as inappropriate by more than one person. Eventually, someone reads posts that are moved to the moderation queue. If they are deemed unoffensive, they are restored to the thread. If they are deemed inappropriate, they never get restored. I don’t know how many people have to flag a thread as inappropriate, but threads flagged as inappropriate seem to stick around longer.

For more information, please read the terms of service of this forum.

When one person flags your post, it doesn’t get deleted. All of the formatting disappears and it appears as one long paragraph. Then if a second person flags it, it gets moved to the moderation queue.

I had to restrain myself because posting off topic is a sure way to get bounced. It was so hard to resist 2 today

how wide is a 1987 Chevy s 10 and jeep wrangler at the axle’s? i want to put a jeep frunt axle on the s 10.

The responses were why and I was sooo temepted to say maybe he wants 4 wheel drive thus needs a front wheel drive axle.

The other was the response
Do you have any idea how rude it is to address your post to “Dudes”? Don’t call me “dude” Junior.

Would Sir Dude be better? I thank over time the English language adapts as at one time one might have said to the honarable…, got shortened to dear sir, got shortend to Mr. and now hey dude.

I don’t know if after so many posts removed you get banned goes on, but I am sure the above would be examples of what not to say.

The best examples of “what not to say” would be the typical responses from our old friend, Beefy Norm. No matter what the question was, Norm managed to insert a rant about Bill Clinton, GM, and car dealers. He seemed to especially like the term “crack whores” when referring to car dealers and their service departments.

If you are a careful observer of this forum, you may have noticed that, after an absence of many months (likely involuntary), the same types of rants began reappearing under the guise of Abnormal. One other forum member (Whitey perhaps?) and I both discussed the probability that this new poster who ranted about Bill Clinton, GM, and car dealers was actually a reborn Beefy Norm, and shortly thereafter, Abnormal disappeared. So, I think as long as one does not emulate that type of grossly off-topic ranting, you are probably safe.