Mobil 1 Annual Protection for 2014 Kia Optima

is Mobil 1 Annual Protection safe for cars?

Of course it is . But in your manual it says what oil to use , how many miles between oil changes or how much time. I would expect it to read 6000 miles or 6 months or something like that. Also Kia has one of the better drive line warranties so why would you not do what the factory recommends.

Your Kia has a 10 year 100000 mile powertrain warranty. I think it call for oil changes twice a year or at specific mileages which ever comes first.

If you want to use the Mobile 1 annual protection so you can change your oil only once a year, you will absolutely void your warranty.

Your car doesn’t even require synthetic oil, you can use it but you can’t extend you drain intervals under the warranty.

2 Likes

Once again we are comparing maximizing oil life vs. maximizing engine life. Follow the owner’s manual and have your engine last a happy and safe life.

If you want to use synthetic, make sure it is the right weight (viscisty) for your car and do not extend the oil change interval.

Kia’s 10 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty only applies to the original owner. If OP purchased the Optima new all advice given is valid.

Yes, but the second owner get a 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Depends on how long you intend to keep the car. Mobil 1 will absolutely enhance engine life, so if you plan to keep this beyond the warranty periods, definitely use it. I used it exclusively in my last 3 cars which all went over 150k (one was at 202K and engine was still great when I traded it). However, warnings about change intervals to keep up a warranty are very good points to remember.

This car has the Theta II direct injection engine which is prone to premature bearing failure. I would do low mile oil changes and keep the receipts. Extended oil change is not for this engine IMO.
I have two cars with the same engine and even after 3K miles I can smell the gas dilution in the oil.

at walmart reg mobil 1 is $7/qt and super mobil is $8 and 1yr is $10/qt. so its hard to say if yearly oil changes saves any money on oil costs. i figure 5qt jugs is less per qt. maybe materials but not your labor. and the point of oil cost vs engine cost is a good one.
10qt is cheaper than the royal purple stuff