Mitsubishi Galant 6A13 gearbox swap

Never said that the clutch had anything to do with the transmission, like I said, I originally wanted just to fix the clutch, but I would later at the workshop find out that the transmission was on its way out.

I been wondering that myself, often when I try to look for parts at sites, my car will usually not display as an option. I do know the 2.5l V6 is quite an unusual car. Which makes this 100 times more difficult. Most workshops here where I live cannot get parts for the car, Mitsubishi dealer here couldn’t even get me a whole OEM clutch kit lol. Only a few parts of it.

Maybe I misunderstood your post… my apology’s…

Maybe a different approach would work . . .

I’m not sure how you would do this . . . get your hands on the overhaul and parts manual for your specific manual transmission

Not a generic manual, but a genuine factory manual which has exploded views and part numbers

Then scour the internet for those part numbers you need

2 Likes

If that’s the case, it could very well mean that the case bearings were damaged, along the gear box casting, which would make the gear box junk.

Tester

I had a synchro fail around 30k miles. Had warranty. But, it was only 3 yrs old.

Wish I had that luck, my car is 24 years old tho so I’m probably not as lucky lol.