Misinterpretation

The alt text on that one is good too:

ā€œBut there are seven billion people in the world! I canā€™t possibly stop to consider how ALL of them might interpret something!ā€

ā€œAh, yes, thereā€™s no middle ground between ā€˜taking personal responsibility for the thoughts and feelings of every single person on Earthā€™ and ā€˜covering your eyes and ears and yelling logically correct statements into the void.ā€™ Thatā€™s a very insightful point and not at all inane.ā€

Can this be related to cars at all? This has the potential of going off in many directions to 140 responses.

Back to driving, after getting married, my dear wife from South Dakota was reading the signs on the road that said ā€œstop aheadā€. She thought it meant to stop ahead of the sign but I explained it meant there was a stop sign ahead so get ready for it. They never had driver training at her school and hardly had a stop sign.

1 Like

Itā€™s in ā€˜site feedbackā€™. I think thereā€™s a lot of misunderstanding in every forum, probably because we bring practices from personal conversation but donā€™t have the visual feedback. Keeping it in mind can help, even in a car forum.

A friend thought it was an anti-drug message.

Morning. Usually stuff in site feedback is directed toward us or how the site is working. Just checking - did I (or we) prompt this?

Nope. Just RT living up to his screen name.

1 Like

I think we did. People post carelessly and people respond to posts, even careful ones, carelessly, even in these fora. xkcd makes the point with humor; I hope that it may make some people think more about how what they post will be received - including me.