Melissa Peterson is back

I’m behind schedule on the podcasts, but they read that first letter from her. I remember when she actually called in and she was so adorable.

I never got the charm of her, but they loved her. Wonder what she’s doing now?

Of course she is back. You’re listening to reruns.

But that’s the whole point of reruns. We get to hear about her again. Eventually, she will call.

Ray seems to have new information every week. He gives the number of the show and says what is on the web site. I assume some web lackey makes sure it is actually there.

1 Like

I’m still a few weeks behind but Melissa called today. She was so cute and they liked her. This is, of course, what I remember. The guys also read a letter consisting entirely of barks and the word “Melissa” several times.

:roll_eyes:

And she’s back again. I didn’t think they’d get to the show with her original letter so soon. I’m still a few weeks behind but they are already up to that episode.

1 Like

And now the show where she called in is available.

Never heard of them. I don’t listen to npr much though anymore.

Do you mean you’ve never heard of Melisa Peterson? She’s famous in Car Talk circles – perhaps infamous – for the letter she wrote to Tom and Ray, complaining she thought the show wasn’t particularly interesting, didn’t like the show, even saying her dog didn’t like the show either! Her letter was read on the air, becoming part of Car Talk lore, and eventually Miss P was invited to fly to Boston to meet Tom and Ray.

Guess I should have been more clear. I never heard of them, meaning Melissa. I used to listen to Saturday morning npr for the boys and money talk but at some point it simply became unlistenable. Then came along shows like the splendid table and repeats from the bbc, and oh yeah that horrible wait wait don’t tell me. So after a while the boys just were not very interesting anymore. Too much slap stick. I switched instead to a local talk station with live auto talk and actual technicians, home and garden, home improvement, and other interesting programming including Bruce Williams. Of course now it’s all crap unless you want to listen to music.

The episode with Melissa has been available for several weeks and I finally listened. Every caller said hello to her and she said hello back. I surely heard the episode on the radio back in the day, at least when it was repeated after they retired. I know I heard the episode where she called in.