Luxury"ish" Car

+1
With those two vehicles, the owner gets the excellent reliability of the lesser models, coupled with better seats, more sound-proofing, more bells and whistles, and–in general–more “luxury”.

2 Likes

My experience with reliability, assuming it’s not a Fiat, Vega or other “known clunker”, has been that it greatly depends whether the owner has well maintained the vehicle.
With that said, I generally begin a search starting with the typical cars that an “Old Fart” (I’m 70 so I can say it🙂) would be inclined to buy for our “declining years”. We have the accumulated wealth to buy what we want and the desire to “keep it until we croak” so Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercedes, Genesis and possibly Acura sedans tend to fit the bill…

Within your price range and vehicle age, I’ve seen some nice one owner, well maintained, examples of Cadillacs and Genesis with FWD, traditional automatic transmissions and under 50,000 miles for a dealer asking price of less than $25,000. Big V6, 8 speed transmission, nice interiors.

3 Likes

I can’t even imagine the same person considering Lexus… and other junk in question…

I don’t follow whst you mean.