Low coolant notification, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The low coolant light on my Jeep came on recently. I added coolant to the reservoir and considered the problem fixed. However, the light still comes on. Is there a larger problem that I am missing?

“However, the light still comes on. Is there a larger problem that I am missing?”

First, you have to supply some missing information.
Did you check the coolant level again? And, if so, did you have to add coolant again?

Also, it would be very helpful if you told us a few other things:
Odometer mileage
Type of engine
Type of transmission

Thanks for the heads up.

Its a 4wd 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited
4.7 L V8
177000 miles

I checked the coolant level again the next day and the level did not go down from when I added it. So, I did not add additional fluid. I also could not detect a leak of the coolant, no noticeable fluid under the car. Thanks

Thanks for the heads up.

Its a 4wd 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited
4.7 L V8
177000 miles
automatic

I checked the coolant level again the next day and the level did not go down from when I added it. So, I did not add additional fluid. I also could not detect a leak of the coolant, no noticeable fluid under the car. Thanks

You have to check the level of coolant INSIDE the radiator. Open the cap (when the radiator is cold) and look inside. The coolant should be right up to the bottom of the cap. If it isn’t, add coolant to the radiator, then make sure the reservoir is at the correct level.

If you haven’t recently installed a new radiator cap, now would be a good time to do it. A worn radiator cap may not allow coolant from the reservoir to enter the radiator as needed.