License plates that owners should have thought about more carefully

I also don’t get it. I just figured it was because I’m old and it’s a new something.

3 Likes

I don’t get it, but please don’t tell me. I’ve come to enjoy not knowing most of this stuff I can’t decipher.

When I do find out I’m generally quite disappointed! It’s better if I imagine it was great. :rolling_eyes:
CSA

Troll, would you please disclose what it means? Many of us are curious now.

It is a double entendre, one goes against strict morals in which romance between teenagers if forbidden.

Nice. I can’t unsee that! It makes no sense to me, but please don’t explain.

CSA :smile_cat:

Speaking of DOA

The original “DOA” movie starring Edmond O’Brien was a pretty good one, imo

1 Like

Awhile back heard that a local teen was denied a vanity plate request for DRG RNR. :smirk:

I thought it meant that he loved his car.

If he had the plate on a Morris Minor, I’d say he loved his car. And non-car-people wouldn’t understand that.

If the driver was a full fledged adult driving with a plate that said Minor LV, you could assume the guy was a pedophile… Not something I’d expect someone to advertise but…

Many years ago, I knew someone who wanted to get vanity plates reading Ifugao, which is the name of a province in The Philippines that he had visited. His application was rejected because of “an obscene reference”. :confused:

Only after he forwarded copies of maps and geography texts showing that this is a valid geographical name was he able to convince the clerk at The DMV that he wasn’t trying to sneak some sort of “FU” message onto his license plates.

Not to be argumentative (rather an observation), but what difference would it make? people reading the plate wouldn’t know the holder’s intent.

Although not everybody would zero in on the “FU” portion of the message, I’d bet that audience would be greater than those that recognized that the message represented one’s province in The Philippines.

What difference would it make? Could Frank Unger get vanity plates displaying the initials of his first and last name?
CSA

There’s a plate I see around here from time to time that says TIVOOM. It took a while before I saw it in my mirror and understood it.

1 Like

In that case, I’d rather not know.

Another one of those is: 3MTA3

Stop it guys. I can’t figure that one out either (3MTA3?). What started out as a way for states to make a little money on the side from license plates is turning out to be an exercise by the pc police. I can envision the day when certain letters of the alphabet will just simply be eliminated. Now I was a minor when I had my Morris Minor. Maybe the guy was a miner? We never had personalized plates when I had mine but I wouldn’t have been able to get “piece of junk” on it anyway. Well wait maybe: “PPS OV JK” or “PS OF JNK”? The plate would have cost more than the car and I was on a budget.

I can’t figure that one out either

You have to use the eyes in the back of your head…or look in the mirror…

Actually, you are not presumed guilty, unless you pay the ticket without disputing it in traffic court.

MD and D.C. send camera tickets to the registered owner and no points are accessed. They can’t tell who is driving, only the license plate number. MD is pretty open about the speeding cameras. They are only in work zones, and only where your speed is posted on a lighted sign. Shortly after that, look for a truck with the hood up and the cameras are in front of that. D.C. is less open about their cameras. They put them anywhere and they are not visible from the road. D.C. is serious about making money off the cameras.

Still don’t get it but doesn’t matter. We used to have tags for the empty gas cylinders that were labeled “MT” instead of “Empty” for those that may not be proficient in English, but I think there were some that never did figure it out either. I went along with it but I always felt it would have been better to tell people what empty meant and how it was spelled. I suppose we could have color coded the tags but then we’d need a key up on the way in several languages what blue meant or green or red. I guess I’m just not thinking out of the box enough.

My wife has promised to have a vanity plate for her car with my obituary on the plate if I predecease her. My obituary is to be just two words:. HE GONE. These are the words the Chicago Whitesox announcer says when a Whitesox pitcher strikes out an opponent’s batter.