Leaf Body Work

This is about a Leaf which is really expensive because of limited production, but it can be about any car.

I bought a 2013 Nissan Leaf about 4 years ago. The Leaf had a minor run in with a bridge. The bumper end and fender were deformed a little. All cosmetic. It would be nice if it were a little less ugly - similar to me.

How does one find someone to do this work? I can imagine that for one shop it might be the last thing they want to do, but another might be familiar with it and want it. Kind of like uship for body work. Any ideas?

Find someone who can do this.

Tester

1 Like

Looks like generic body work that any body shop can handle.
An option might be to check eBay or salvage yards for a similar paint coded fender and front fascia. That would make it an easy bolt on repair.

1 Like

The Leaf is just a car. There is nothing particularly special about it just because it is an electric vehicle. It is still just a car.

Any body shop can handle a car with a dent. And that isn’t much of a dent.

And not even a particularly expensive car… not like THIS one at any rate. Just the tires for this car cost more than 2 Nissan Leafs (Leaves?)

1 Like

Simple , just start calling body shops where ever you are . Or call the local Nissan dealer and see who they would use.

1 Like

Just Google “Auto body shops near me”. You can visit and get estimates from several, chances are they will be +or- $100 of each other.
Front bumper cover will be replace. Likely the fender will be pounded out.

Like Mustangman said a car is a car.

4 Likes

Most PDR shops will not touch this unless the paint is in perfect condition…its not!. The only way to fix the damage is with traditional bodywork methods.

The OP wasn’t looking for perfection.

Tester

Well then, Red Green would use duct tape, it’s already color matched.

4 Likes

Any body shop can handle this repair, there could be salvage fender’s and a bumper cover in the right color out there. We’ve used a body shop off the insurance companies list but only after talking to them directly and getting an idea of what they planned to do which was to replace the door and blend the paint so it all matched.

Yeah body shop. You can check with your insurance agent for references. Or you can try and find a moon lighter working out of his garage. You can ask for names at the parts store that sells paint and auto body supplies, like NAPA.

Leaf is an expensive vehicle ? Seriously , even with todays high prices it is not expensive . Not really in demand would be a better description . I can’t tell by the OP’s post if it was recently damaged or it had damage when he bought it . If recent and he thinks it is expensive then he should have full coverage insurance so just let the insurance handle this.

1 Like