Knock Sensor code

I have a 2002 Grand Prix GT (3.8L). =My service engine soon light came on. The code said “P0332 Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)”. I was told by mechanics not to jump into changing the sensor our first b/c it might be a secondary result. I put fuel injection cleaner in, changed out the spark plugs and spark plug wires (they were due), and changed out the ignition coil (the miss firing has stopped now). But the light is still on. It was off right after changing the coil, but quickly came back on. Is it really the sensor, or is there something else that could be wrong?

It could definitely be something else.

Are you sure it wasn’t your “check engine” light? Your “service engine soon” light should not necessarily have a code associated with it.

I have seen circumstances where the code reader at Pep Boys or an auto parts store only pulled one code, while the code reader at a dealership pulled three codes on the same problem. For a problem like this, maybe you should pay for the diagnosis from a dealership service department or a mechanic who has a better code reader.

The light definitely says “Service Engine Soon”. Both Pep Boys and Advanced Auto ran their computers and received the same code. Pep Boys said the diagnostics test is the only way to know for sure what is really the problem. Sounds like I will need to pay for the diagnostics test.

Don’t rush out and do it yet. There are others who are real mechanics who might have some better ideas for you. Hang loose for a while and see what they have to say.

In my experience, Pep Boys are not be best diagnosticians. Do you know any good independent mechanics in your area?

I’ve been told of a few good, reliable mechanics. Hope others have some possible ideas…Thanks!