Kit Car

I am a senior in the process of trying to build or rather complete a fiberglass iablo kit car on a Fiero Chassis. How would I find an “honest mechanic” that I could hire on an hourly basis. I’m not looking for someone to do the work, but rather to give me some direction. I’ll do the work. I have it (the kit) in a public storage shed. I’ve asked both my local auto parts for reccomendations but to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Williedog in Fla.

You are going to have a devil of a time finding a mechanic who is willing to leave his/her shop to watch you build a car. Your best bet is to find a fellow enthusiast to work with you, not a professional wrench.

Check around for any Classic Car Clubs in your area. These groups consist of enthusiastic amateurs and hobbyists, similar to yourself. You might find listings in Hemings Motor News or by doing an internet search. Then attend a meeting and state your needs.

Another way is to check community bulletin boards for the guys who offer to do driveway repairs. I"ve used them with satisfactory results. Make the phone call and again, state your needs.