2023 Mazda RX-7 - Seeking a project car

if anyone has a car (THEY DONT WANT) if its totalled or broken it doesnt matter, Im a 16 year old car person with a dream, and i want to work on cars, so this is my attempt on a first project car.

Did it not occur to you to say where you are located ? Frankly , why would anyone give you a broken vehicle when they can sell it to a salvage yard ?

2 Likes

Does this look like the want ads section? I have dreams too, but they won’t become reality here.

1 Like

There are many broken vehicles advertised on Facebook marketplace at low prices. I suspect Facebook is accessible in your location.

Or Craigslist, expect to pay for it. I too was once 16 and had dreams. Fortunately I worked at a service station and could do minor repairs there. Those stations are long gone now.
Do you have a place and tools to work on a car? Does your high school have auto shop?
Good luck finding what you want.

1 Like

I don’t have a car I want to give away, but no harm asking. If no luck here, besides the ideas above, there’s a free section on Craigslist too. Suggest OP look there. I found a free piano there a while ago. Visited the person giving it away. Decided I didn’t actually need a piano, and no room, but I could have had a piano for free if I wanted. Old, unwanted pianos nearly impossible to sell apparently. Unwanted cars usually still have some residual value, rescued parts for resell, recycle value of the steel, etc. So you may have to pay at least a few $$ to get your hobby car. Good for you for taking the initiative. It’s more fun and a good learning experience the way you are approaching this, imo. Make sure you won’t be running afoul of your local codes and ordinances by the way. Don’t want to get half-done, and be forced to get rid of it b/c it is parked and worked on where not allowed.

I know of a couple. Just come and pick one up. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Blackie , he was joking . He is in Florida and how would you get a no-running vehicle to where ever you are ?

Also it is not really a good idea to put your email on an open forum.

2 Likes

Yup, joking. Since you didn’t say where you were, I offered non-existent cars in an unspecified location. You took the bait and still didn’t say where you are! :rofl:

1 Like